Friday 11 December 2009




Touch was the title of the brief I gave myself this week. Again I won't bore you with the complete thing.
I left it a bit wide open on purpose, I had about 3 minutes left to upload the brief and still hadn't decided what I should do. Organised as always!
As for the result...
I think the lack of focus and meaning really shows through with these images. They aren't bad looking (excluding the middle one) just a bit plain and don't suggest or ask anything from you.It probably doesn't help they are in fact a preview of a larger series, simply because thats what my brief asked for.

This is the end of our one week briefs project and I'm not sure if I'm relieved or worried about going back to the long term way of doing things...
Sure long term is less pressure but is that a good thing? I've had ups and downs the last 5 weeks but I have come out the other side with quite a few ideas that I think almost worked and definitely have more to give.
I have a good idea for a long term project,
A good starting point for some more fashion studio work
and even something for some fashion based location stuff.
So I have to admit, all though I wasn't a fan of this project at the beginning, I now see the benefit.One week briefs;
Brilliant for generating lots of interesting ideas but as for generating good work.... hmm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment